Boat Name: Ran Tan II
Sail Number: NZL8977
Yacht Club: Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron
Skipper: Brian Petersen
Navigator: Ross Masters
Crew: Celia Willison, David Sturge, Jacob Willis, Mathieu Guillaud, Quintin Fowler, Zib Campbell
- Prize Giving Photos June 14, 2016
- Ran Tan flaps into Fiji! June 9, 2016
- Time to head east? June 6, 2016
- Official ANZ Sail Fiji Start Video June 4, 2016
- ANZ Sail Fiji off to a drifting start June 4, 2016
- Customs clearance underway June 3, 2016
- Race and weather briefing done June 2, 2016
- Meet Celia, the next offshore generation June 2, 2016
Ran Tan II was launched in 2006 for John Meade of Wellington. Ran Tan competed in most of the local and coastal races out of Wellington, usually being first on line. Ran Tan also travelled frequently to Auckland competing in the local and coastal races such as the Auckland to Russell and Auckland to Tauranga races. Ran Tans forte is offshore racing where the boat can utilise the hull form and canting keel to stack up great daily runs. Whangarei to Port Vila was a highlight, followed by a spell in Australia competing at the Hamilton Island Regatta. Several Auckland to Fiji races, an Around NZ fully crewed race and around again in a Two Handed race shows the versatility of the design.
Purchased by Brian Petersen in 2015 saw Ran Tan again on the race track. Harbour, regatta, coastal and offshore races have been and are on the schedule. Next up: Auckland to Fiji on June 4, then across to Noumea for the Groupama Race around New Caledonia in September.